The Air Force of the Russian Federation continues air strikes against ISIS facilities on the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic.
Engaged by the Russian aircraft, the militants suffer significant losses and are forced to change their tactics, to disperse their troops, to camouflage themselves thoroughly and to hide in inhabited areas. Under these conditions, we continue regular usage of aviation and build up the intensiveness of strikes for effective engagement.
In the course of the last 24 hours, 67 combat sorties have been performed from the Hmeymim airbase. Su-34, Su-24M, Su-25SM hit 60 objects of terrorists.
Among the targets there are command and communication centres, ammunition and POL depots, as well as training bases of terrorists in the provinces Raqqah, Lattakia, Hamah, Idlib and Aleppo.
The attacks resulted in destruction of the following facilities:
- 6 command and communication centres;
- 6 ammunition and POL depots;
- 17 training camps of terrorists;
- 3 underground facilities of militants in the Lattakia province;
- 16 fortified areas and defensive positions with armament and military hardware;
- 11 concentration areas for reserves of the illegal armed groups;
- a plant for repairing of armoured vehicles;
- 17 automobile and armoured vehicles;
- 2 MLRS systems.
The air strike in Raqqah, which is controlled only by the ISIS. Direct hit of KAB-500S high-precision bombs destroyed the HQ of the Liwa al-Haqq grouping.
Near Aleppo, an air strike was made against a militants’ base and a ammunition depot arranged in the building of a former prison. As a result, ammunition depot was destroyed.
The video data was registered by the weapon-aiming system of the striking aircraft. It confirms the previously declared high technical capabilities of the Russian aviation complexes.
SOURCE: Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation